Older Massachusetts Efforts
- Logan Airport
- Logan to Fenway (Grand Junction)
- Kendall Square
- Seaport and Convention Center to Fenway, Track 61
- Post Offices
JPods Network for Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson Airport
Illustration of JPods stations at ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.
Route-Time™ illustrates travel times.
Roughly, assuming you can walk there, from the Red Cross you can walk-ride-walk to:
- Green in 5 minutes
- Blue in 10 minutes
- Yellow in 20 minutes
Ride-along at about 4 times normal speed. The eight minute trip requires only 2 minutes.
Stations are also in the adjacent parking lots.
JPods stations at the Georgia International Convention Center, Mariott Gateway, Renaissance, and Spring Hill hotels.
A 3-Minute summary of JPods
Walter Cronkite covered Tricia Nixon opening the first digital transportation network on Oct. 24, 1972. The Morgantown PRT network has since delivered 150 million oil-free passenger-miles with only two minor injuries. Injuries on roads are 11,200 per million (link).
JPods vehicles are to cars what H-Bahn vehicles are to buses. JPods vehicles are designed to carry a person or group non-stop from origin to destination. In both cases, traveling suspended from the rail simplifies mechanics and increases safety.
JPods Network for Queens and LaGuardia Airport
Solar-collectors over JPods rails gather the energy to power the networks. JPods are pollution-free, on-demand, personal mobility.
Images of a network between LaGuardia Airport and NYC's Grand Central Station. In Manhattan:
Coming into LaGuardia Airport:
Route-Time™ maps show travel times (click to enlarge). These are maps of the same network with different start points. The Red Cross is the start point:
- Green is 5 minutes
- Blue is 10 minutes
- Yellow is 20 minutes
- Red is 30 minutes
- Above: The JPods Queens network is privately funded at about $1.5 billion:
- Solar-powered mobility for most of Queens.
- On-demand 24x7
- Cargo and passenger service.
- Travel time between LaGuardia and Grand Central Station is 16 minutes 24x7.
- No wait times, service is on-demand.
- Below: The Red line is taxpayer proposed AirTrain at $1.5 billion.
- Coal, nuclear, and natural gas powered.
- Improves only mobility between LaGuardia and Willets Point Station.
- Travel times LaGuardia and Grand Central Station is 30 minutes.
- There are wait times between trains.
Ride from Grand Central to LaGuardia: